Software and Assistive Technology Consultations and Training
How can we help?
SPELD SA's software advisors are teachers with specialist knowledge of current assistive technology and software for supporting students with learning difficulties individually or in the classroom.
A consultation with one of SPELD SA's software advisors will provide you with an understanding of the software products and options that are available to help students and adults who experience specific learning difficulties.
A demonstration of each suitable program's applications (and a trial version to test at home when available) enables you to make informed decisions when investing in technology and software to assist people with learning difficulties.
Try before you buy. Don't get your fingers burnt!
We can also provide the training to help you use the assistive technology effectively.
Consultations and training are available at SPELD SA. Online training sessions and phone consultations are available, for those unable to visit SPELD SA.
Cost - Individual consultation or training session at SPELD
- Members $65 an hour
- Non Members $80 an hour
Presentations available for schools and community groups
- Computers as the Key to Reading
- Computers as the Key to Writing
- Don’t Modify the Task – Modify the Means of Response
- Talking to Type - Voice Input; Does it Really Work?
- E-Text the way to Inclusive Education
- Talking Word Processors- Do they help?
- Talking to Write
- Literacy Planet for Learning .. not just edutainment but learning tools
- Using MS Word as an Assistive Learning Tool
- Using Movie Maker as an Assistive Learning Tool
- Inclusive Education through Interactive Whiteboards
- Blogs and Podcasting for Inclusive Classroom Practice
- Assistive Technology – Fulfilling the Needs of Adult Learners
- On Line Tutoring How It Works and Who can Benefit
- Making Dragon Write Right
- Texthelp Read and Write Demonstration
- Texthelp Read and Write Training
- Textease CT at home and at school
- Microsoft Word an Assistive Technology Tool-From research to response
- Creating independent writers
- Audacity in the classroom
SPELD SA can also create a presentation or workshop around your specific requirements with notice
At SPELD (SA)
Less than 10 - $95/hr
10 or more - $120/hr
Less than 10 - $125/hr
10 or more - $150/hr
Travel costs may apply outside the metropolitan area
To book a consultation, training session or presentation with Sandy Russo Ph 8431 1655 or email