Saver Plus Program
SPELD SA wholeheartedly supports the Saver Plus initiative.
To make Saver Plus participants’ savings go further, SPELD SA is offering a 5% discount on all SPELD SA products and services. This offer includes psycho-educational assessments. In the case of tutoring, SPELD SA will pay the 5% difference in fees directly to the tutor. This offer applies to South Australian residents only.
What is the Saver Plus Program?
Saver Plus assists people on lower incomes to strengthen their financial skills and save for educational costs. More than 5,000 people across Australia have joined the program and together have received more than $4 million in matched savings.
Saver Plus is a 10-month program delivered by Anglicare and The Smith Family within Adelaide that assists families to save for their own or their children’s education. Participants receive:
· one dollar in matched savings for every one dollar saved, up to $500
· MoneyMinded financial training, and
· personal support and guidance from a trusted community organisation.
Saver Plus participants receive up to $500 in matched savings to help pay for educational costs for themselves or their children, including Ipads, school uniforms, textbooks, excursions, a laptop, music tuition, instrument hire, dance classes, sports fees, lessons, uniforms and equipment and more.
People may be eligible to join Saver Plus if they or their partner:
- have a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card;
- are at least 18 years or over;
- have some regular income from work;
- are a parent or guardian of a child at school this year OR are attending or returning to vocational education themself;
- live, work, study or have a child at school in an area where Saver Plus is delivered.